Friday, October 18, 2013

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I was born in 1990, making me gladly a part of the Millennials or Generation Y. Being a part of this generation means I have grown up in a world completely filled with all sorts of technology from cellphones, satellite TV, iPads, to the internet and online social networks for communicating with others across the world. I don’t think a lot of people from this era would really know how to live without the use of technology. It has become so common in our everyday lives; nobody even stops to think about how amazing this technology truly is. I’m definitely a part of the 91 percent on the internet and the 77 percent on social networking sites, but wouldn’t agree to be in the 71 percent using instant messaging. I’m always travelling and meeting new people from all across the world. It’s a huge luxury being able to just add a person you meet on Facebook and catch up with them later. Everybody’s so busy in their own lives and you in yours that you feel you just don’t have the time to call all these people you meet to keep in touch with them. It even becomes too much to text sometimes. So we add each other on Facebook, from there anyone can see what I’ve been up to with recent pictures and posts and I can do the same with them. Then when the time comes when you can see that other individual again, you’re able to get in touch and feel like you haven’t forgot who this person is. You are also able to meet amazing people from around the world using the web and may never even meet them in person, that’s the amazing thing about the world we live in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment