Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 7 EOC: Final Product Pitch


I’ve gone around prospecting different stores, but have yet to lock down a store to do the market research project. I’m waiting for a response from Artifact, an antique type shop in Town Square. I also spoke to a Crystal shop on Eastern who I’m waiting for a response from. I’m thinking I would have to do market research for either one of them to help bring in costumers rather than sell an individual product. There is a company called Watch Me Rave that sells light up watches who would love some research done for their light up watch product. I don’t believe they have an actual storefront though. They sell their products at music events, festivals, and online. I’ve emailed Watch Me Rave to see if they’ve expanded into any shops, but if they haven’t I believe I could help them expand into some shops around town here or maybe in some different cities.

Even though I have yet to fully lock down a merchant, I’ve been speaking to multiple different places who would be interested in allowing me to do a project like this. I’ve ran into trouble with stores in a few different areas; if they were corporate they are really private about others doing market research, even private owned shops it was hard to get in touch with an owner or someone who could give me permission to do such a project, and some shops just did not want somebody surveying their customers. I think the most difficult part of this project is finding the merchant and what product to research. It’ll be exciting to get out and survey the people to try and make a company some money. I know upon completion of this product, I’ll be able to use the skills learned towards bettering my companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment